Contributors

Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Shade Shack" Review

Our "Shade Shack" pop up tent arrived in the mail the other day.  I bought it off of Amazon.com for $49.95 plus $11 shipping, and so far so good.  It popped open so fast in my living room, that I was actually startled by it.  Folding it back down for the first time took me about a minute, and will get faster with practice.  Favorite features: it's almost tall enough for me to stand in, will easily fit 4-8 people, has an open floor so babies can still dig and play in the sand, has metal stakes instead of plastic ones, and is $20 cheaper than the One Step Ahead version.  The 2 biggest differences when compared to the One Step Ahead tent are that it is only rated SPF30 versus SPF50, and that the carrying case can't be used like a backpack, so you carry it like a purse.  Our first day at the beach with the tent is tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment