Contributors

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Devil Child

Last night Griffin had his first extremely major meltdown.  I've read and heard disasterous stories about toddler tantrums, and always throught they were slightly exaggerated, but holy s@(#, they were spot on.  At 7pm, it began. Griffin irrationally threw himself around hysterically screaming, melting, wiggling around like a fish out of water.  There was no talking him off the ledge. Nothing helped.  I didn't know whether to be angry, cry, or just laugh at the situation.  I offered to cuddle, hold him, I gave him his paci, gave him Cubbie, asked if he wanted to help me put in the bath toys as a distraction, or get in the bath (which was already filled). "NO!" he'd scream.  I just sat there helplessly watching him freak out.  It was as if he was completely possessed by the devil.  I struggled to change him into his pajamas, and it took all my strength to get a diaper back on him, as he pushed me aways, arched his back, flopped around, kicked, squirmed, and screamed like a crazy person.  Talk about stressful and a crappy way to end a day.  It was unbelievable to witness, like where did my cuddly funny boy go?  After forty greuling minutes, Griff finally surrendered to fatigue; he looked as if he'd been through an emotional war and got his ass kicked.  He was still sad, but agreed to read some books.  With a little red face, and puffy eyes, he sat exahusted on my lap and rested his head on me with Cubbie as his pillow.  What a freaking nightmare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment