Contributors

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cousin Audrey is on her way...

I just asked Griffin to share the news to Vera that their cousin Audrey was on her way out... he said to Vera, "Aunt Anny's door is hatching on her belly, and the baby is gonna fall out."  My brother Alex texted me around 3am and said that Anny's water broke and that they were at the hospital.  When I texted with him a few minutes ago, he said she was pushing. Holy cow, fastest labor ever...  We are so excited for cousin Audrey's arrival.


As a follow up to this post:  here is my brother's announcement email about Audrey, sent out on January 9th as well as a few pictures:

"Dear all,

January 2, 2013 was a special day for my family, and I would like to share the news with you all.  Our daughter, Audrey Yin Liang, was born at 7:46 AM at Bellevue Woman’s Center, which was actually the same hospital I was born in.  She is healthy and weighed 6 lbs. 8 oz. at birth.  We chose Yin as her middle name because it’s Anny’s family name.  We still haven’t picked out a Chinese name for Audrey yet, but that will come shortly. 

Labor started very suddenly at 1:00 AM, and we got to the hospital at about 2:45 AM.  The epidural was in at about 5:00 AM, and then pushing starting around 7:15 AM.  We are fortunate that labor lasted under 7 hours, which is fairly quick for a first child, but I cannot say it was painless.  During the pushing phase, I got to hold back one of Anny’s legs, so I had a front-row seat for the delivery.  It was amazing to be a part of the delivery, although I only played a very small role.

Anny and I are still very excited, but quite tired at the same time.  We hope that it’s going to get easier as time goes by.  Perhaps that is only wishful thinking.  The only major issue we are having is that she feeds rather slowly.  Other than that, everything else is going “smoothly”, especially pooping.  She’s like a machine. 

I hope all is well with you all!

Best,
Alex, Anny & Audrey"



No comments:

Post a Comment