Contributors

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Some Fun Firsts...

A few awesome firsts to document:

1. I discovered today that I can say "clap your hands" to Griffin, and he does it!

2. We had our first family pancake breakfast today, partly to celebrate Tom's upcoming 29th birthday.. Griffin got to eat a baby-sized pancake, sans coconut syrup.

3. Griffin successfully fed me a Cheerio (happened a few days ago), which made me gush with that wonderful proud Mom feeling. There have been several failed attempts where I'll open my mouth, Griff will hold a Cheerio right up to my lips and as I'm about to eat it, he tears his hand away, eats the Cheerio himself and laughs. :)

4. Griff ate meat! (organic chicken pureed with sweet potatoes) Yes, it does make the poop more stinky.

5. Griff pulled himself up onto his knees. (This happened while I was trying to undress him for his bath. He excitedly pulled himself up to watch the water fill the tub.)

6. Also, Griff recently started doing the funny Indian (feathers, not dots) pow wow sounds with his hands/mouth. "wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah". When Griff was younger and he'd cry, I would repeatedly tap his lips with my open hand and make the "wah wah wah wah" sound, which distracted him from his crying and made us both laugh. He then went through a phase where I'd start tapping his lips with my hands and then he'd make the sound, and this weekend he started doing it all on his own. He uses both hands closed together in a ball, and laughs while he does it.. what a funny guy.

See this video of Griff's latest bag of tricks:


No comments:

Post a Comment