Contributors

Friday, October 1, 2010

4 Firsts: My Creepy Crawler, Sit-up, "Da Da", and A Weekend Away




Holy crap.. It's been a big week. Griffin is 8.5 months old and he's officially crawling. He said "Da Da" on Sunday 9/26, and just a few minutes (Friday 10/1) ago I watched him sit up from a crawling position. Also, I had my first weekend away from Griffin!

The details:
History was made when Griff went a few crawls forward last Thursday night 9/23/10, and since then he has been perfecting his skills. During his practice sessions, there were a few face plants and wobbly tumbles, but today a mere week later, he confidently traveled across the living room floor, with the motivation of eating/grabbing my dangling camera case luring him to me. Witnessing this amazing feat brought tears to my eyes as I cheered him on like a proud Mom watching her son cross the finish line of the Kona Ironman. (will post the video soon!)

Although I'm basking in the joy of this proud parent moment, I do however have to pause to mourn the loss of my ability to leave Griff in a room by himself.
Gone are the simple days of putting him on the floor while I use the bathroom, and knowing that he'll still be there safe and sound when I return... my baby is officially mobile.

Ok, I'm over it.

On Sunday night after I returned rejuvenated but also exhausted from a crazzzy girls' weekend in NYC for Youngna's Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Extravaganza, Griffin said "Da Da" in the company of his "Da Da" and me! It was both heart warming and a perfect family moment. :)

The icing on the cake (rainbow chip icing on my funfetti cake, of course) was the fact that Griffin has also managed to figure out how to sit up from a crawling position. Earlier this week with Grandma, we thought we saw him do it, but never had that "official first" grand moment. I watched it happen today, in what looked like slow motion. Once he was sitting, he looked at me and gave me one of those, "Hey Mom, did you see what I just did?" looks... I proudly smiled at him and then burst into an "Eeeeeeee", my signature excited noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment