Contributors

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Apologies...

It's Mom writing... so I've completely lost my cool (aka screamed at Griffin, threatened to "put Cubby in the cabinet", made him sit in time-out while he hysterically cried etc).  It's been twice now in the past 2 evenings- behaviors like purposely splashing water all of the bathroom wall while washing his hands, and not cooperating/faking a melt down when it's time to get out of the bath.  He's been acting his age, not listening and purposely pushing my under-caffeinated and very tempermental buttons... However, this morning after waking up on the right side of his crib, my 38 lb angel, sat on the potty (his pull-up was dry from the night- bonus!) and while peeing said, "Mom, I'm very sorry I wasn't a good boy yesterday, and I'm sorry I was whiny.  I'll try to be better today, ok?"  OMG (which Uncle Jim and I taught him means "oh my Griffin"), melt my heart, my sweet, sweet boy, I love you so much.  His apology was totally unprompted, but so genuine and heartfelt, a true first.

No comments:

Post a Comment