Contributors

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Blame the Hormones


Yesterday I almost broke down in tears when I watched a 30-second Office Depot commercial. It was a montage of a bunch of moms saying goodbye to their precious children who were off to their first day of school. Could I still be that hormonally imbalanced after 7 months of motherhood? Either that or I am seriously screwed if I am already dreading the day when I have to watch Griffin step onto a big yellow school bus that will drive him away from me (not that Marblehead has buses, but you know what I mean. I guess in my case, I will arm myself with a box of tissues, watch him climb out of my Simon-grey Toyota Sienna as I drop him off curbside). Well, at least I have another 4 years or so before that day will come and go. P.S. Griffin will have an adorable red backpack from L.L.Bean with his initials embroidered on the front, and I will have put an encouraging handwritten note in his lunchbox which will of course contain a heart shaped sandwich... Oh My Little Griffin-Bear, Mommy misses you already...

1 comment:

  1. I'm just gonna go ahead and veto the car choice right now like when Ross vetoes the name Rain and Sandrene, and Rachel vetoes the name Ruth.

    ReplyDelete