Contributors

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"It Came Up"

Poor little Griffin was sick on his last day being of being 1.  A bad cough and very runny nose.  On Monday, he got sent home from school an hour early with a 101.8 temp.  His poor toddler class only had 3 survivors by the time I picked him up, as half his class got sent home sick throughout the day.  Thankfully Griffn's fever was shortlived and he was semi back to his silly self all day yesterday with the exception of the cough and excessive tissue usage.  Anyway, in an attempt to keep my little prince happy we took his evening bath together (I think he's still young enough that it's not wierd to bathe together!).  Some nights when I say "Griffin, it's bathtime", he will ask for "Mommy too?" and last night I happily obliged; I couldn't say no to my almost-birthday-boy. 

The bath water was nice and hot and we had just gotten settled in when Griff started his usual coughing.  Cough, cough, cough, more coughing, then gag, then vomit, or as Griffin would say "it came up".  Fortunately since he's had this cough, he's been a repeat offender on activating his gag reflex; he's thrown up several times (twice in the car- once as we pulled into daycare, twice in his highchair, once on the couch, and once on the kitchen floor..) Needless to say, I've learned to be semi-prepared.  Last night when he started his cough attack in the tub, I was suspicious that it wouldn't end well.  Thankfully, I caught most of the vom in a plastic water bottle bath toy, but definitely missed the chunks from the second follow-up-hurl that landed in the water and quickly dispersed into little food bits around the bath. It was lovely. So, what did I do as a mom of this little naked toddler?  Absolutely nothing. I comforted Griff and tried to pick out some of the chunks, and we continued on and took the rest of our bath in vom water. Yup. I guess this is just what happens when you have a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment