Contributors

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Griffin at 27 months!

So.... I have so much catching up to do.  It's been about 3 months since I last sat down to blog.  Right now, I'm limited to the twenty-something minutes I have during "a little episode of Caillou" (as Griffin would call it) to jot down what my little, or not so little, boy is up to these days...
Where do I start?

At 27 months, Griffin now speaks in complete sentences.  His ability to communicate is both amazing and extremely helpful in minimizing toddler tantrums.. Example quotes: "Mommy, I want to go to gymnastics fur-ssstt", "May I please watch a little episode of Caillou?", "Mommy, I need a snack!", "Slow down, Mommy"- (yes, he backseat drives), "I had a lot of fun at playschool, I played with the waffle blocks.", "I need another snack", "No, Mommy, I can do it all by myself!", and a few classics, "Mommy, I have a present in my pants!" and one that Dad taught him, "Mommy, do you have a thing for construction workers?"

He sings lots of songs; his repertoire includes Twinkle Twinkle, The ABCs, Jingle Bells, The Wheels on the Bus, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, and many other classic toddler favorites.  Some mornings while I am still snoozing/ignoring the fact that he is awake before 6:30am, I will hear singing to himself, which is so very cute, but not as cute as if he were still sleeping...

Griffin loves his Thomas trains.. his favorite is Victor.  He pees on the potty standing up almost every day, just whenever he happens to be naked and has to go.. no poop yet, though.  He can count to about 20, but often repeats the number 14 a few times, and yesterday Tom taught him how to spell his name "G, R, I, F, another F, I Nnny!"

He is getting really good at riding his little red balance bike up and down "the ramp", which is the slight hill on our street in front of our house.  At swim class, he is now able to swim alone with a bubble about 2 feet to the wall.  When I completely let go of him, he panics/sinks/waves his arms and legs until he can grab a hold of the wall edge.

He loves to do naked running, naked water bucket.. just being naked in general... ut oh, Caillou is over and now Griffin is drawing pink marker on my carpet.. oh crap..

No comments:

Post a Comment