Contributors

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Trip to Babci's House & Redd's Pond

Griff and I had a great morning at Babci's (Sesbastian's Grandma Phyllis' house in MHD).  After having played his little heart out with his best buddy from school, Sebastian, aka "Bashy", Griffin is currently napping (hopefully for a long chunk of the afternoon, fingers crossed, though I probably just jinxed myself from typing that).  The boys played bikes on Babci's porch, then Carrie and I took them on a stroller ride to the Gerry School Playground to play, we stopped at Redd's Pond to visit the ducks, strolled back to Babci's for lunch, and then the boys finished up their playdate dumping all of the toys from 2 big treasure chests onto the floor in Babci's living room.






P.S. This morning I made a total novice-Mom move, as I prematurely leaked the news to Griff that we were headed to Babci's house or "Grandma Phyllis" as Griffin calls her.  I did this a solid 2.5 hours before we were actually going with the intention of getting him excited for our day... except, all morning long my little parrot-child kept saying "I want to go to Babci's house to play." (We're talking like 9 times in 2.5 hours).

P.P.S. Darn it. I did totally jinx myself.. I can hear Griff awake upstairs half talking, half whining. Seriously?  He had a super active morning and all I get is 50 minutes of quiet?  Are you kidding me?  It sounds like he is banging his feet against the side of his crib and he is saying something like, "No Mommy, I don't have to wear shoes.  Where is my doggie?"  What?  Back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment