Contributors

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One Hot Potato

3 not-so-great-firsts happened today (2 for Griffin, 1 for me): Griffin had his first fever courtesy of his germy yet adorable toddler friends from daycare; man, they are just breakin' in the new kid one sickness at a time. Around 11am, I got the infamous call from daycare and had to pick Griffin up early. His temp peaked at about 102.6, and he was a literally hot mess- really lethargic, and super not himself the whole afternoon. He spent a solid hour just laying in my lap watching Baby Einstein DVDs. As much as I don't want him watching TV, it seemed to soothe him to just lay still and relax. Today was very difficult to say the least. My "first" was experiencing the feeling of helplessness combined with worry for my child. It was hard to see my son sick and so uncomfortable. I felt vulnerable, a little lonely, and it made me want to cry... (but I didn't.) I sort of sat back and thought, "Wow, this is totally part of being a Mom.. my kid is going to get sick, and I'm going to have to do the best I can to be there for him.." (speaking of which, I can hear the little guy whimpering in his crib upstairs.. aw.) I'll make this last bit quick: Griffin's other unfortunate first was that he got his first boo boo under my supervision. I was futzing with the DVD player when Griffin got a hold of an open CD case. He pulled the paper insert out and accidentally gave himself a big paper cut down his left leg. Ouch. Not my proudest Mom moment. I felt off my game today. I need to get to bed! Hopefully Griffin will be better in the AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment