Contributors

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day in the Life of a SAHM

Before I traded in my business suits, blouses, and heels for my unflattering nursing bras, tank tops and shorts, I used to be a bit skeptical of the legitimacy of the SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) gig. How could taking care of one little baby replace an entire 40+ hour work week, and what exactly did those moms do all day long?

Being a mom really is a full time job. In fact, I am pretty sure it is one of the hardest but very best jobs on the planet (well, other than being a dolphin trainer at the Hilton Waikoloa Village's Discovery Cove, which I always thought would be amazing). Of course there are some days where I lay my head down on my pillow at night and wonder, "What the heck did I even get done today?" and I feel totally lame when I can only come up with a pathetically short list of accomplishments.

Fortunately, yesterday wasn't one of those days. Here is what I got done:
-got up, got Griff fed, dressed and out of the house at 8:15
-Dancenergy class, while Griff went to babysitting
-breastfed Griff
-Starbucks, a mom needs her coffee
-put Griff down for a nap
-hung out with Annie for a bit
-shop vacuumed the basement
-showered
-fed Griff peas for the first time, cleaned up and breastfed him
-played with Griffin
-4 loads of laundry (washed, dried, folded)
-took Griff to Plaster Fun Time in Salem, where I painted him an orange with white polka dots letter "G" for his room while he napped
-got gas (for the car, not the stinky kind)
-mailed a letter
-Target run
-ate a late lunch
-played with Griffin
-took Griff swimming at the Y
-changed a bunch of dipaers
-fed Griff, put him to bed
-mowed the lawn
-pulled 2 big lawn bags worth of weeds
-changed a lightbulb
-took out the garbage
-cat litter
-showered (again)
-ate a late dinner
-fed Griff a late night feed
-talked to Tom and went to bed

A good and busy day in the life of a SAHM.

No comments:

Post a Comment