Contributors

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hi! (Waving Hello, The Best First Yet!)

Griffin waved for the very first time today. It was such an amazing "first" to witness. Actually, my friend Steph was technically the first person to notice him waving. This morning, when we were over at her house, she said to me, "Did Griffin just wave?" and I said, "I don't think so", thinking to myself "there's no way he knows how to do that". Then, in the afternoon, Griff and I were out at Red Rock Park with April and her baby Lily. Sure enough, I started waving at Griffin, saying "Hiiiiiiii" and he waved back!! His furrowed eyebrows wore a look of serious concentration while both of his hands faced in and his fingers slowly curled. He mostly waved at himself with his little "crab hands", as our neighbor Jennie would call them, and he repeated the action over and over. It seemed to take all of his mental power, but it made me the proudest mom on earth at that moment (I almost cried!). I just find it so incredible that an infant at 6 months old and change can comprehend and repeat this action. It's such a simple gesture, yet I find it so profound that babies learn this so early in life and can interact/communicate in this way. Before I know it he will know how to drive and speak in a foreign language. Crazy! Here are a few pictures from today:



No comments:

Post a Comment