This log will be continuously updated so we can keep track of the various new solid foods Griffin has eaten or tried.
1. rice cereal with breastmilk, 7/5/10, loved it, couldn't get enough!
2. oatmeal cereal with breastmilk, 7/9/10, also loved it
3. squash, 7/15,10, didn't eagerly gulp it down, but didn't spit it out either
4. peas, 7/20/10, made a funny "what the heck is in my mouth" face but then ate it happily
4a. bananas 7/21/10, just gave him a spoonful but he didn't seem to like it. too sweet maybe?
5. pears 7/23/10, not bad, liked them mixed with oatmeal
6. sweet potatoes 7/27/10, loved them, in the lead for favorite food
7. taste of peach/peaches 7/23/10 (just a taste), 7/31/10, was a little bleh, might be too sweet, ate it with oatmeal
8. maple teething biscuit 8/3/10, Griff went to town on the biscuit, and then I almost choked on a piece that broke off into his mouth.. then, he coughed and projectile vomited on me...
9. avocados, 8/6/10, couldn't eat enough! absolutely loved them
10. apples, 8/7/10, liked them, ate quite a bit
10a. peaches (again), 8/10/10 got into them this time around
10b. watermelon (gummed some at the Fruit of 4 Seasons store in MHD), 8/12/10, has had tons since
10c. honeydew (gummed some at the Fruit of 4 Seasons store too) 8/12/10
11. bananas, (part 2) 8/12/10, yum
12. Cheerios, 8/13/10, just ate 2 of them, but has been eating them like crazy since. Griff even does a running mumbling commentary as he eats them.. he loves them! In just a few days, he went from barely getting them into his mouth to using his index finger and thumb to pick them up.
13. carrots, 8/14/10, loved them, probably confused them for sweet potatoes
14. cherries, 8/17/10, these were mixed with apples
15. cantelope, 8/19/10, ate tons of these through the mesh feeder. It was a mess, but Griff loved them!
16. green beans, 8/24/10, liked them
17. pineapple, 8/26/10, it was mixed with pears.. but he ate them without hesitation
18. hummus, plain, 8/29/10?, just a taste, he had squinched eyebrows since it had a lot of flavor
19. tofu, 8/30/10, great! he ate it with his fingers and approximately 50% made it into his mouth, the rest was scattered on the high chair, bib, floor, fingers, neck fold, hair.. etc.
20. prunes, 9/2/10, looked like he was eating poo, but he liked them
21. apricots, 9/4/10, not his favorite, similar reaction to when he ate peaches
22. blueberries, 9/9/10, mixed with apples, delicious
23. Grandma's banana bread, 9/13/10, what a treat!
24. corn, 9/14/10, mixed with sweet potatoes, yum, Griffin will basically eat anything mixed with sweet potatoes
25. yellow squash, 9/15/10, homemade by mom!
26. zucchini, 9/16/10, homemade by mom!
27. black beans, 9/20/10, beans, beans, they're good for your heart, the more you eat them, the more you fart!! we'll see.
28. broccoli, 9/21/10, they were mixed with peas and pears, so he didn't really notice them!
29. egg noodles, 9/27/10, from a homemade chicken noodle soup made for Grandma. He loved them so much he might turn into a noodle.
30. wheat noodles, 10/1/10, cut up whole wheat penne; something gave Griff a rash- could have been his cloth diaper, some blueberries he ate, or the noodles?
31. mango, 10/4/10, mixed in a pouch with bananas and peaches
32. mac n cheese, 10/10/10, the good stuff, from YP's wedding!
33. chicken, 10/17/10, big day! first real meat
34. broccoli, 10/20/10, from a pouch
35. yogurt, 10/21/10
36. papaya, 10/23/10, while on vacation at Aunt Judy's
37. grapes, 10/28/10, while on vacation at Aunt Katy's
38. turkey, 10/31/10, from a pouch
39. 12 grain bread, 11/3/10
40. cilantro chicken mini wontons, 11/4/10, from Trader Joe's.
41. string cheese, 11/6/10
42. kiwi, 11/11/10, allergic, caused loose stools, some diaper rash
43. quinoa, 11/13/10, mixed with peas, basil and mint