Contributors

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Back to Work, Take 2

Yesterday November 3rd, I officially became a working Mom (again). Griff was the new kid at daycare (again), and this time around things went well! Our minivan fund is officially growing (just kidding, kinda). Limited tears and traffic- a good day all in all. I decided to go back to work at Cintas as a part time Six Sigma Black Belt which will give Griff a break from me and will allow my brain to get some much needed exercise. I worked out a 2 day/20 hour gig where I'm able to work from home, and to my knowledge there hasn't ever been an employee in my entire division with an opportunity to work part time or given the 'on the record' ok to work from home for that matter! I feel cool, like I'm paving the way for future Cintas women to be able to work and raise a family.. unless of course I slack off too much and ruin it for everyone. :)

The 3 best parts of my day were 1) being able to blast the radio (and sing loudly along) in the car on my commute home. Matchbox 20, Blink 182, Chris Brown, Taylor Swift... 2) Despite the fact that I'm normally not a fan of wearing high heels (BTW I wore my pinstripe suit with bright green puma sneakers to Griff's daycare and Starbucks and then changed into my black peep toe heels in the Cintas parking lot), I found great satisfaction in the sound of my clicking Steve Maddens as I walked into the office. There is something about the "click click click" sound that makes me feel sophisticated and intelligent. Lastly, Griff didn't burst into tears when he saw me come pick him up after the day. He's had a tendency to cry hysterically upon seeing me after being in the gym babysitting for an hour, so I assumed he'd melt down after the whole day away, but I was pleasantly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment