Contributors

Monday, November 29, 2010

Daycare Breakthrough


It's taken almost 4 weeks, but Griffin is finally adjusted to his daycare routine. Yesterday was the first day that he didn't cling on to me like a monkey and tightly wrap his legs around my waist the moment we crossed the threshold into the infant classroom. His tears and crying were replaced with giddy excitement as he realized he was in a fun place full of toys and other babies. I set him down in the pit, and immediately he grabbed two "bauuhhhhlls", and then crawled over to the baby girl to pat her on the head. I was able to put his sheets and lunch away, and I made it to my farewell "bye bye" before he got upset. Miss Rachel immediately swooped up Griffin (and his Lovie) into her arms and distracted him, which allowed me to escape. I walked (felt more like I was proudly strutting) out of his school with a huge smile on my face, as it was the first day I dropped Griffin off without that sad/guilty-I'm-abandoning-my-child feeling. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment