Contributors

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Vomit of a Day

Today was tough. It started out with Griffin projectile vomitimg his breakfast 5 minutes after he ate it onto me, my shirt, wool coat, jeans, shoes, all over the kitchen floor, radiators, fridge, magnets on the fridge, cloth ikea bins, and into the cracks of our cheap peel and stick tiles...

All day I felt sore, wiped out, and disorganized, like my brain wasn't working or I was doing everything in slow motion. I felt more tired and nausceous as the day went on. What made it worse was that it felt like time moving at a snails pace, and I just wanted the day to end so that I could curl up in my bed with the cats. (I'm about to go to sleep, and it's 7:50pm.. thank goodness)

However, the 2 positive points of the day were 1) having 'lunch' and a walk with my dear friend Megan (I invited her over for lunch and we fed our boys but never ended up eating anything ourselves- silly moms), and being able to share our mutually exhausting day together, and 2) - that's me patting myself on the shoulder... I surprised myself in how I reacted to the vomit situation; I must say I handled it pretty well. Although I spent a few minutes in total shock while surveying the damage done to the kitchen and to myself, not knowing whether to be mad, cry, or laugh hysterically about it, I took control and managed to not throw up myself while cleaning it up.

This was definitley Griffin's first big vomit, and my first time being puked on. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment