Contributors

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yes & No

Over the past few days I've made it a point to try to teach Griffin "yes" and "no". My little asian sponge made mimicking my speech and me nodding and shaking my head seem effortless to learn as within a few attempts, he was shaking his head in the right direction and was making noises that sort that sounded pretty close to "yaah" and "noooohhh". Today, I was able to confirm that he actually knows what his actions and words mean as well. So incredible.

It happened in 3 bits:

1) During pick-up today at school, I was busy shoving Griff's arms into his puffy green jacket when his teacher asked him if he was ready to go bye bye. Griffin eagerly responded "yaah" and briefly nodded his head and upper body. I had a witness on that one!

2) We were at the supermarket rolling up the refridgerated aisle past the meats and cheeses, and I was desperately trying to convince myself to not buy any Pilsbury Cresent Rolls even though they looked scrumptious and I totally broke the golden rule of "never go food shopping while hungry"... Over and over I shook my head and said "noooooo", and Griffin followed suit. His little head went side to side and he said no. Although his word sounded like "mohhh", I knew what he meant, and needless to say we left the store about crescents free.

3) Lastly, I asked Griff during dinner tonight if he wanted "more" yogurt toast aka bits of toasted wheat bread dipped in yogurt served as the world's #1 messiest finger food (p.s. he loves it, thanks for the suggestion Megan!). Griff usually will repeat me and say "more", but today he added in an extra "yeah" as well as an enthusiastic head/body nod. It was so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment