Contributors

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dad and Griff Bachelor Weekend - Take Two

Griff and I spent the weekend together. Vicki went to a wedding in TX.

Friday:
  • Bren came to babysit for the morning so I could use some of my holiday to just relax. I rode the KZ to motorcycle shops and five guys burgers for lunch.
  • Griff and I went for a (chilly) bike ride in the afternoon.
  • We watched Curious George.
Saturday:
  • Rhode Island to see my sisters Chris and Kate, plus my parents. First time seeing Griffin walk for them. Chris is moving to Alabama in a few weeks. We got her kitchen table.
  • We stopped at IKEA to pick up some kitchen samples - door fronts plus an entire cabinet to try out. Griff rode in the backpack, ate a bunch of Cheerios, and made friends with Laura, the girl at the kitchens desk, and Rob, the guy at the pickup counter. If I can generalize here: People love kids, especially plumpish Asian ones.
Sunday:
  • Morning walk to the water - Griff in the backpack. Happy Easter to the neighbors we saw.
  • Bike ride to Fort Sewall. Griff is getting used to the rear seat on my bike - although he's still not a fan of stopping, waiting, or getting into the seat.
  • Grandma and Grandpa Hendrix stopped in to drop off the rest of the table (it didn't all fit in the Altima). Griff was super Huggy and cried when they left. He does this thing where he puts his head on your knee and kinda flops with his arms - its soooo cute.
  • We picked up Vicki at the airport - Welcome home sweet angel!
Two and a half days and we both survived with only minimal damage. Oh, I guess he took a digger off the couch on Sunday night and slipped Saturday in the tub. So I guess "moderate" damage. Still, smiles all around and I love being a dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment