Contributors

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Vicki is a Few of My Favorite Things - A guest post by Tom

Vicki and I both like the idea of flowers, but really only find value in  my giving them to her on rare occasions.  The other times, I just say "I saw flowers today and thought of getting you some," and she says "Awww!  I love you!"  and I get a smooch.  Boom.  Saved like $20.




Sunday was different.  When she got back from the weekend with the girls (in New JERSey!), I was more in love with her than ever.  Doing the solo parent thing for just two days was a fun new experience, and a great insight into what its really like Monday through Thursday when I'm not there.  Griff and I bonded big time.  And it was a lot of worry and work. 


Griff and I planned our afternoon on Sunday around going to pick her up at the airport.  Those sunflowers were definitely part of the plan.  We parked the car at the airport and walked inside to meet her at the security gate and smiled like crazy when we saw her through the glass.  It was like Christmas.

Here's why:  Vicki is an amazing Mom and Wife.


We joke about how most of my birthday, valentine's day, and anniversary cards to her are just lists of things I love about her.  Well (sorry Vick) here's some more things that are awesome about her.  You probably already see these things about her - its pretty obvious. 
  • her vacation planning skills
  • this blog
  • Griffin's social calendar
  • the walnut and broccoli stir fry she makes
  • the fact that she stays sane taking care of Griffin and I 7 days a week
  • her hotness
  • missuer
  • her deep loyalty to her friendships and to family
  • the fact that she (almost always) waits to watch Grey's Anatomy with me
  • she gets me. Vicki shares in my giddy joys, even when they aren't that big of a deal to her (the KZ, snowboarding)
  • she taught me to be a better hugger.  Really.
  •  
I love you Sweet Angel.  I'm so happy you're my Wife and Griffin's Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment