Contributors

Monday, April 4, 2011

Whiny Griffin = Frustrated Mommy

Holy smokes.  For the past few days, I've been really losing my patience with Griffin.  His new found whining sounds worse than if our cat Penny were scratching a chalkboard with her 12 front claws (she is polydactyl).  It is driving me nuts, and causing me to question my ability to parent.  His animated determination to do what seems like the exact the opposite of everything I need/want him to do is pushing me to my absolute limit.  I'm not sure why, but my fuse seems shorter these days and I can't seem to stay as calm as I used to.  I said to Tom yesterday, "It's days like this where I never want to have another baby!" I feel like Griffin is starting to get very headstrong, and he and I are beginning to battle, especially because we both love getting what we want.  Yikes, I've created a monster.  I screamed at poor little Griffin today, twice.  "NO MORE WHINING!!!!", and I yelled at him again when he grabbed my legs from behind, stood up, and bit me..  Grrrrr.  I know things will get better, but man, these days are hard.  I still love you Griffin, more than anything.  

(Good venting session, good blog therapy)

No comments:

Post a Comment